Hkun Lat, 22 years old, is a freelance documentary photographer from Myanmar, currently based in Bangkok. He works for his own projects and under assignments from international news and organizations: WWF, UNHCR, UNFAO, UNOCHA. He is also a former stringer photojournalist at AP Images.
His interest in photography ignited in 2011 after the civil war broke out again in Kachin State, Northern Myanmar. He became to be noticed by news agencies in Myanmar and started freelancing as a photojournalist.
He started shooting his individual projects for people to recognize and to witness ongoing and unsolved issues in Myanmar such as civil war, natural resources and environmental issues, election, drugs and opium out-rooting movements in Kachin State.
He is two times award winner, 1st Prize and 2nd Prize, at Yangon Photo Festival.
· Solo Exhibition “Northern Burma”. Mandalay, Myanmar. 2015.
· Group Exhibition "A View from the Border". London School of Economics, London. 2015.
· Group Exhibition "KACHIN 4x6" Documentary Arts Asia, Chaing Mai, Thailand. 2016.
· Group Exhibition “Fog of War, a Kachin Tragedy” Yangon Photo Festival. 2016.
· Group Exhibition "Migrations". Suwon International Photofestival, South Korea. 2016.
· Group Exhibiton "Unearthmyanmar" at Photoville, New York, USA. 2017.
. Solo Exhibition "Kachin; The Forgotten War" at Foreign Correspondents Club Thailand, Bangkok.